10 Skin Care Tips That Will Help You Look Years Younger
August 26, 20213 min read
Let’s face it—aging isn’t pretty, and there’s no getting around it. You might be able to cover up the effects of aging by using cosmetics, but what you really need to do is slow down the effects of aging with your diet and lifestyle choices. These 10 simple skin care tips can help you make your skin look years younger and more radiant without spending a fortune on wrinkle creams or laser treatments.
1) Get Proper Sleep The body produces growth hormone during sleep, and lack of it can lead to dull skin. It’s recommended that adults get eight hours of sleep every night for optimal growth hormone production and clear, glowing skin. While it may be difficult to squeeze in enough shut-eye with a packed schedule, try nixing all screen time an hour before bed and read a book instead or meditate.
2) Invest In A Good Cleanser
In my opinion, clean skin is one of your best ways to look youthful. A good cleanser will help remove oil and dead skin cells from your face and leave you with a clear complexion. Our Enzyme Gel Cleanser ($40)helps exfoliate your skin on a daily basis without drying it out too much. For those with sensitive skin our Hydrating Milk Cleanser ($48) can help rehydrate and refresh your skin.
3) Stay Hydrated If you’re like most people, you probably aren’t drinking enough water. Your skin is your body’s largest organ and it needs adequate hydration to stay healthy. Drink plenty of water every day to help keep your skin from aging too quickly or breaking out more often. If plain old H2O isn’t your thing, add some citrus for extra vitamin C or a slice of lemon for even more antioxidants.
4) Exercise (And Stretch!) Not only does regular exercise keep you physically fit, it also keeps your skin healthy and tight. Working out gets blood pumping through your body, delivering much-needed oxygen to all of your organs—including your skin. In fact, studies have shown that people who exercise regularly live longer and are healthier (and look younger!) than those who don’t.
5) Tone Up One of the most effective ways to fight signs of aging on your skin is by using anti-aging serums and other skincare treatments. But, while there are thousands of products to choose from in that space, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. We created a skin care quiz to help people navigate their options and find what’s best for them. Take our quiz here.
6) Learn About Serums And Treatments While some people opt for basic skin care products, like moisturisers and toners, others choose more advanced treatments to help their skin look smoother, firmer and younger. Serums are one of these more advanced options—they can help repair your skin from damage over time or target a specific area you’re trying to fix (like dark spots). If you want beautiful, glowing skin as quickly as possible, it’s worth looking into serums. We have a range of serums to help improve almost all skin concerns.
7) Don't Forget About SPF SPF 30 or greater, applied at least fifteen minutes before going outside, is necessary to protect your skin from harmful UV rays that can damage collagen and lead to visible signs of aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles. If possible, make an appointment with a dermatologist for a comprehensive skin exam every one or two years or if you notice any changes in your skin.
8) Eat Healthy Foods The right foods can help your skin from the inside out. Eating foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids will keep your skin looking younger longer. Omega-3s can help protect you from sun damage, boost collagen production and improve hydration of cells, all of which promote healthier looking skin.
9) Limit Alcohol Consumption
When you drink alcohol, your skin actually drinks it as well. This means that it can dry out easily and lose its elasticity, causing wrinkles to form much faster than they would otherwise.
10) Wash Your Hands Often The harmful bacteria that’s present on everyday surfaces—handrails, desks, keyboards, and door handles—can travel to your face and cause breakouts. Regular hand washing is one of the most important things you can do for your skin’s health and appearance.
Following these tips will help to keep your skin looking its absolute best and help hit pause on the ageing clock.